Twitter1

Twitter1

Friday, June 26, 2015

That's A Wrap!

We have come to the close of another school year. As I sit and reflect on the time we've had together, it always amazes me how quickly time flies. We started in September with lofty goals and we worked hard each day to reach them - reading, writing, critical thinking, problem-solving. We have also spent a significant amount of time this year developing new technological skills and thinking more formally about how all of us can positively impact our communities - be it through volunteering, fund-raising, and yes, even research. Over the year, we have had many successes to celebrate. Each student who came into the class has moved forward in their learning. We all start at different places, we learn at different rates, and we all end up in different places on the learning continuum. I am proud to have had the opportunity to work with these fine learners. They have also taught me many important lessons that help me keep moving forward. At this time, I like to take a moment to thank all of you, the parents, for your support over the course of this year. Together, we are able to provide the best possible learning environment for your child - and tackle any roadblocks that may arise. My role at LM will be evolving a bit as I move forward. You may be aware that we are building a new course for MY students that focuses on robotics, circuitry, coding, 3-D printing and more. While still a work in progress, we are excited to be offering this course to MY students in September. Stay tuned for more information on this new initiative as we determine next steps. I have included a sneek-peek of the website I am constructing for the course, which will allow each student to design their own website for sharing and collaborating with the class.



Have a great summer everyone! I look forward to seeing you all in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment